Monthly Writer's Challenge
1. Only Valley Byliners members in good standing may participate.
2. All entries must be unpublished, original pieces. No past entries
should be re-submitted to the contest.
3. Only one entry per participant accepted per contest.
4. All entries must be family friendly.
5. All writing challenge entries should be submitted, without the
author's name, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 8:00PM on the
Tuesday before the month’s regular meeting.
Entries will be e-mailed, without the author names, to all Byliners members to read and vote on. Each Byliners member can cast a vote by sending it to the e-mail address listed above. Voting and critiques will be accepted until 10:00PM Friday prior to the month’s regular meeting.
The winning author will receive $10.
All entries must adhere to each month’s specific genre and word limit listed below.
Monthly Writing Category
Writing Challenge Line-up:
The writing category for each month is “Write in Any Genre of Your Choice,” including Poetry. The writing category for the months of May and November, however, will ONLY be Poetry. Maximum limit of words/lines are listed below for each month. Please, also, adhere to the contest guidelines.
* January....... 1,500 words
* February...... NO CONTEST
* March........ 4,000 words
* April.......... 1,500 words
* May........... Poetry; 60 lines
* June.......... 4,000 words
* August....... 1,500 words
* September... 4,000 words
* October...... 1,500 words
* November... Poetry; 60 lines
* December... 4,000 words
Any author who wishes his or her entry to be critiqued must label his work “Critique invited.”
Anyone wanting to critique an entry can send the critique to email@example.com. Submissions will be accepted until 10:00PM Friday prior to the month’s regular meeting. Critiques will be forwarded to the authors on the following day.
Critiquing is not mandatory and is at your discretion.